Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm not a TRIP!

Aiden never ceases to surprise me. We had been visiting at the hospital all day on Monday and had the kids with us most of the afternoon. When we went to leave, Aiden wanted his Dad. We were riding separate. I told him we would see him in just a minute. He said, "Well, maybe he'll get strength and comfort." I said, "WHAT?" He said, "My dad can get strength and comfort." When I asked him where we get s & c from he said, "God." ( I guess he hears us pray for it.) I told him he was such a little darling. He said, "Mom, I am not a little darling, I am a big boy." To which I replied, "Boy, you are such a trip." (This one gets me...) He said, "Mom, I am not a trip. A trip is when you go somewhere, like when you go to the shooting house to hunt or something. That is a trip. Hey, my dad really needs to teach me how to cock his gun!" I had to end the conversation after that b/c I was laughing to hard and you know how he is about people laughing at him! In the same trip, a song came on the radio, Toby Mac, which is Chrisitan rap and Aiden and Rick LOVE it, and I started acting silly, singing and dancing to it. Aiden said, "no, no Mom. You can't dance to that song." Me.."Why not Aiden?" Him..."B/c, that is a boy song and only me and my dad can dance to it. You have to dance to a girl song."


This morning, Allee found a play cell phone in her car seat, so she decided to call up her bff, Shelby. This is a quick video of her talking to SLT. She is so sweet. She has been singing up a storm lately. I wish I could capture it on video, but you all know how that goes. When I get the camera out, she sees it and is too busy wanting to see herself in it to perform for me. She and Aiden are always fighting over who gets to sing first or next. The other day he was playing his drums and they were both singing.

Allee told me once again this morning when I put some cute brown pants on her..."They not fit Mommy. Take them off."

HOLIDAY UPDATE

Our holiday was busy but wonderful!!!! The kids were excellent this year, so I actually got to enjoy the fellowship with all the family. Fortunately, there are lots of other children at both locations we visit for the holidays and my kids had a blast playing. Friday, I went to my 11th annual shopping spree, leaving my house at 3:30 a.m and returning at 7:00 p.m. with my girlfriends. It was awesome. Thanks to Rick for babysitting. Saturday was my FIRST complete day off since Football season started and boy did I enjoy it. I put Rick to work on the outside lights and MiMi came and helped put the tree up. Then, we settled in for the awful football game. It was a wonderful week and weekend. Hope you all enjoyed as much as I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR BABY!!! We have to let them play more! That is adorable!! -cmt

Anonymous said...

haha. just read this one aloud to dave. we're both LOL. :)