Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin blahs

Well, our beautiful pumpkins that we spent all afternoon carving didn't last long. We went out of town this weekend to Madison, AL - Madison 1st Free Will Baptist Church, where Rick preached a revival on Sunday a.m. and p.m., and when we returned, our orange pumpkins had turned black! GROSS! I have never seen a pumpkin do this so fast in all my years of experience. I guess this good ol Alabama weather got to them! SO, they are still rotting on my front porch, although I have asked my dear husband to remove them. We will see how long they stay there!

We had a wonderful, but exhausting weekend. We went to the Fayette Co Fair on Friday night, I had to be at work Sat morning, then pack Sat afternoon, Rick had a wedding and we left for Madison at 7:30 p.m. hoping the kids would travel better. They did travel well, but did not fall asleep at bedtime before arriving at the room as we had hoped, so we got in the bed a little later than usual. We were so tired. The kids were so excited to be in a different place, I thought they would never go to sleep, but they slept in their own bed all night.
We got up early Sunday to go to church. Aiden went straight to Sunday school and children's church with complete strangers, and never missed a beat. He is my social butterfly. He told his Sunday school teacher when she asked, that he did not know how to sing Zaccheaus, so she tried to teach him. That is just so funny to me b/c the kid sings entire songs from the radio at random and has known Zacc. since he was old enough to walk!!! He has such and imagination and story telling ability....really concerns me a little.

By Sunday p.m. we were all very tired! When we got back to the rooms for bathtime, I just didn't want the kids naked hiney's on the hotel tub, so Rick gave them a shower! They love taking showers. They enjoyed running around the room and jumping on the beds (which they can't do at home) naked until dad was ready for them. Allee of course fell asleep before Aiden and he wanted me to sleep with him. When I said no and got in my bed, I could hear him talking. When I looked over at him, he had Allee all snuggled up and was kissing her and telling her that he loved her. It was the sweetest thing!

We got up early on Monday morning and drove home for me to get to work at 10. As soon as I got home from work we (me, Rick and Kayla) starting setting up for our first trial run of Upward Basketball registration. After registration and clean up, it was time for baths and bed again!!! WOW! I am running on borrowed energy today, but praise God He gives us that sometimes. Maybe there is rest in sight for tomorrow!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

P.S. Aiden had a really cute "Aiden story" this weekend, but I don't know that I want to tell it to everyone on the internet. Let's just say, my 3 year old is very observant of the human body and daily activities. He is so funny!

1 comment:

Kim Lawson said...

Girl, sound likes you need to slow down! I learned to slow down the hard way--preterm labor twice around 7 and 8 months! I know how busy you can be with #3!! So be careful--especially around the holidays.