Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sounds like...

What an awesome weekend! We had the opportunity to worship with the Ryan John Snell band on Friday night at Kennedy Baptist Church (Rick's home church). It was a great service and we got to see some of our friends that we never see. We spent the night with Rick's parents. I took the kids by their house before I went to the service and Rick had to drive the van at the last minute. We were all eating supper and I was telling Rick's parents why he had to drive the van. One of our deacon's had tentatively planned to drive and couldn't make it. Anywho... Aiden and Alle were eating (Allee's favorite thing to do) minding their own business and when I said the word "deacon" Allee said, "we don't say deacons." She is referring to a saying Aiden has picked up "That hurts like the dickens" and now Allee has picked up and they say it all the time "driving us up the wall" so I told them I didn't want them saying that anymore. Well try to explain the difference in "deacon" and "dickens' to a 2 year old. It was too cute!

BTW - Rick and I couldn't attend Sat night, but we heard there were 7 professions of faith at the youth rally. Yea God!

P.S. My best friend's 1 1/2 year old baby will be having open heart surgery on Tues. Please pray for their family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY AMANDA!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR LETTING ME SPEND THE NIGHT SATURDAY. I REALLY ENJOYED SPENDING TIME WITH THE KIDS. I TALKED TO CRYSTAL LAST NIGHT AND SHE REALLY LIKED HER STUFF. ANYWAYS LET US KNOW HOW NATHAN'S SURGERY GOES AND I GUESS I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER.
LOVE YALL!!!!!
BRIANA