Wednesday, March 5, 2008

NaNa's Kitchen

My mom came to visit yesterday and cooked supper for us in the process. She fried chicken (which I never do), fried potatoes (my favorite) and cooked peas, creamed corn, and cornbread. She had it all sat on the table with our plates set, drinks out and a tomato cut up for Allee. Aiden came in and with a huge smile on his face said, "NaNa, it looks like a restaurant in here!" How embarrassing. My 3 year old thinks the only place that has food is a restaurant! He then goes on...When he took a bite of his chicken, he said, "NaNa, this chicken is the best chicken I have ever eat." "You like my chicken Aiden?", she asked. "Yeah, it's better than my MaMa's." Now, for those of you who have ever eaten my Mom's cooking, you would agree, but give me a break. I do my best!

I also picked my grandmother up from work and Aiden rode with me. She and I were talking and something caught his eye out the window that he wanted to tell me about. We kept on talking as I usually do, kind of ignoring him, giving him a "yeah, uh-huh" here and there. Finally, I guess he had enough. He said very matter of factly, "MaMa, could you tell YOUR granny to quit talking so I can tell you something." I couldn't believe he was so rude and told him so, while granny was about to bust laughing at him.

4 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Isn't it nice to have a good southern meal waiting on ya? Especially when Ms. Lois is doing the cooking! Haven't eaten your cooking, but I am sure some of your mom's magic rubbed off on you! Oh and Aiden is so funny!

Hollyhand House said...

I love it!! You need to be writing a book with all the funny things Aiden says and does.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that meal sounds heavenly! nothing like mama's cookin'. : )

Anonymous said...

HEY. THAT IS SOMETHING THAT AIDEN WOULD DO L0L!!! WELL I GUESS I WILL SEE YOU TONIGHT. LOVE BRIANA