Monday, December 31, 2007

BABY HAS ARRIVED

I only have a few minutes...but HE is here!!!! MEET EVAN JOSIAH TAYLOR! We had an early delivery as most of you expected. Sorry,,,, because of the holiday, I haven't called everyone that I should have.
The shortened version of the story....

Christmas Day...Kennedy Alabama, an hour away from the hospital. We are eating lunch at MaMaw Nabors (Rick's grandmother) in the old Ag building at Kennedy. I get up to go fix my plate and feel my water trickling. There is a much funnier story, but I don't thing I need to blog it ALL. So we head to the hospital around 12:45 p.m. I am in NO pain, no contractions, etc. I pretty much sat around in labor at 8 cm and NO pain for a long time, walking the halls, having a good time with the family, etc. Finally, the doctor says, let's try some petosin. Well, because I only had 2 cm to go, and NO pain, I had waited on the epidural. Well, when the petosin hit, so did the pain. The epidural got in, but not in time to help. I only pushed about 20 minutes and all went well. I was in utter shock that it was a BOY! But very happy! We had been focusing on a girl name, but Rick named him Alston Ezekiel, one of our two choices, to coincide with the other two kids. HE WAS BORN AT 10:36 P.M. 6 LBS 13 OZ AND 191/2 INCHES LONG. After everyone went home and Rick and I had a chance to talk, we decided he looked more like an Evan and that is the name Rick liked the best all along. So Alston became Evan at 3 A.M. Sorry for the confusion. I felt great afterward. No pain and virtually great after a few hours sleep. Here are some snaps. I will fill you in on funny kid stories later. The baby is in the car waiting to get home. So, MERRY CHRISTMAS to me.


Aiden and Allee help Daddy feed baby Evan.

Mommy and Evan! He didn't like getting his picture made.

Mommy, just hours before delivery at 8 cm and contractions 2 min. apart.
Evan, moments after delivery.
Baby Evan.


Aiden and Allee love thier new brother.
Allee got her feelings hurt in the hospital the first day she saw him b/c she was holding him and Aiden wanted his turn. She burst into tears and said, "Aiden took my baby." Aiden has been the BEST big brother. He can't get over how tiny he is. He is really good with him and helps me a lot. Allee has been good with the baby, but has hit her terrible twos. Pray she calms down. She is being rather disobedient and rambunctious.
We will be home for a while. Sorry again I didn't make all the calls. It has been CRAZY at my house.

9 comments:

The Cannons said...

I'm SO thankful everything went well! May GOD bless you and give you the strength you need to take care of everybody. You all will be in our prayers.

The James Family said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you all. You got a wonderful Christmas present! He is beautiful and I will be thinking of you.

Kim Lawson said...

He is BEAUTFUL!!! CONGRATS TAYLOR FAMILY!!! Can't wait to see him!

Raegan & Caleb said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blog pictures! He's so beautiful! You looked fabulous while you were in LABOR!! What a champ! I'll be thinking of you as you tend to your 3 little ones. Please let me know if there's anything you need!

love you!!

The Deavours Family said...

Congrats!!!! He is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions! Can't wait for more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congtatulations!!

Sarah Albin said...

Congrats! How exciting is that! I figured the baby must have arrived as I hadn't seen a post from you in a few days! Hope you are getting some rest.