Thursday, December 13, 2007

Kids Amaze me!

Have you ever noticed how children can come up with things in normal conversation that you would never expect? It never ceases to amaze me at how children associate things together and leave you wondering...how'd they know that? FI -

We'll start with Aiden: I got a new white robe from Crystal and her 31 sales. I was wearing it getting ready the other morning and Aiden was asleep in my bed. He woke up to see me standing there and the first words out of his mouth were..."Mom, what's that?" What's What? "That white thing. What is it?" It's my robe. "Your karate robe?" No, just my robe. "Mom, show me your karate kicks." I don't know any. It's just a robe.... Of course he proceeded to show me his kicks. His cousin D.J. is a black belt, but I don't think he has ever seen him in uniform. The look on his face was priceless.

Last night, Kendall, a friend of the family, came over with MiMi. Her mother had brought the kids a small jungle gym type thing for the outdoors about a month or so ago. A and A have loved it. They now have a larger version donated by Aunt LeLe. They call them their houses. Well, when Kendall walked in the door, Aiden said, "Hey, thanks for that house you brought. It is Allee's house and she loves to play with it. Aunt LeLe brought me one too." Now remember, he had not been outside and no one has said anything about who gave him the toy in forever. Funny how little minds work.

NOW Allee: Yesterday, I drove myself and Allee up to the church b/c it was raining, so she was just sitting on the console. She found a hair clip, you know, like you use to pull your hair back but not to wear in public. She picked it up and said, "This MiMi's shop." She associated that clip with MiMi b/c she plays with them at the beauty shop.

Same day and in the car, Aiden's piano books were in the seat. She looked over at them and said, "That Aiden's lesson." At first I didn't understand her and I said, that is Aiden's piano books. She nodded her head and repeated herself. I just thought it was funny that she knows he takes "lessons" and associates that with his books. What 20 month old uses the term "lessons."

She has been a pistol ball lately. She is entering her TERRIBLE TWOS! She clings to my every move and stomps her feet, dances in place and tightens her fist when she doesn't get her way...not to mention the horrible pouting! Rick says she is all ME! I don't think I EVER acted that way, but I am sure my Mom and sisters could argue that!

No comments: