Friday, December 21, 2007

Surprise...

While I was getting ready for work this morning and thought daddy was watching the kids, (he was outside talking to someone that had came to visit), Aiden came into the bedroom and was drawing on some of my paper. When I took it from him and gave him something he could draw on, I asked, Where is Allee. "She is opening presents." WHAT!! I ran to the living room to find her enjoying herself in the middle of a pile of presents...steadily ripping paper! Fortunately, only one of them was hers and it was still in the box, she had just taken the paper off. I ran out to tell Rick to come deal with her b/c I was so mad. But, then I got tickled. She got to open from a friend last night and I am sure she is confused now. Kids have no idea of WAITING until its time to open! She just likes to hear the paper rip. I wasn't as frustrated that she did it as I was that I am going to have to re-wrap the gifts. TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Another one from Aiden: Last night the baby kicked really hard at the table, and I jumped. Aiden wanted to know what it was. I said kinda joking... The baby just gave me a karate kick. He laughed and said, "Mommy, is the baby naked?" I thought I would die. I asked him to repeat himself and he got embarrassed and said, No, I'm just kiddin. I told him the baby was naked in my tummy. He said, "That's what I thought. Mary had baby Jesus in her tummy and he was naked when he came out." I asked him how did he know that. He said, "Cause I saw it on that big TV in NaNa's living room." Now, I don't know what nativity show they watched at your house, but that's what he said, NaNa!!

He also was talking to Allee last night about the baby getting here. They were rubbing my belly, etc. She was being kinda rough and he scolded her, telling her she would smoosh the baby. He then told me that "Those men at the hospital are gonna cut you open and get our baby out!" WOW! He said daddy told him that. In reality, daddy has told him the story of AIDEN's birth, and what a miracle he was, etc. and that is what he is thinking about. Either way, it was cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as always, i'm laughing my head off at aiden! then dave always says, "what are you laughing at?" so then i have to repeat the story, and then he laughs too. i can't BELIEVE you're 5cm (prolly more at this point!) wow! any day now, but we'll hope for a new years baby! i love you!!

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Keep us informed.

KK said...

Amanda-
Just wanted to say thanks so much for helping me out a couple of weeks ago. I hated to bother you, but I knew Chad would want to be with Jenny and Anna Grace.

Thanks again,
Kendra Hammontree