Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Still in Little Rock

Yesterday was full of meetings so we were very tired. We went to the Youth service last night and it was a real blessing. The guy that did the music lead a couple of praise songs that I was unfamiliar with but that were very moving. Here are the words to my favorite one...
EMPTY ME - Holy Fire, Burn Away, My Desire, for anything that is not of you, and is of me, 'cause I want more of you, and less of me....Empty me, Empty me, Use me, Fill me. This song was really touching to me. We should always desire to have more of Him and less of us! WOW! God is so good! The speaker spoke on Goliath and the Power of One. He brought up several interesting stories where "ONE" made a difference. For example, the Titantic was designed with air tight chambers and if 4 of those chambers filled with water, in the event of an accident, the ship would still float. 5 of the chambers were damaged and therefore filled with water when the ship hit the iceberg. Therefore, the ship sank, because of ONE. He gave other examples that were mind boggling.

After the service, we came back to our room and intended to go to bed, but one of our friends from Colorado visited and we ended up laughing and talking until almost 1:00 in the morning. It was so good to join in good humor and Chrisitian fellowship with friends. So, needless to say, most of us slept in the morning, which was much needed and relaxing. Today is usually a lazier day.

We get to find out after the service tonight if Joseph placed or not. His score sheets were really good, so hopefully we will bring home a National Championship!!

1 comment:

KIT with the Traweeks said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip still. We will miss ya'll at church tonight! XOXO