Monday, July 16, 2007

Hello from Little Rock

Hello to all. I am writing from Little Rock, Arkansas...home of the .... let's see if I can even say it...Razorbacks! We (Rick, myself, and 6 others from our church) are here for the National Free Will Baptist Convention. This is our second night here. We arrived yesterday around 7:00 p.m., although Rick really tried hard by driving 80 and passing everyone we know, to get us here quicker, we still missed the service. But, that gave us an opportunity to relax and get Joseph prepared for his competition. He competed in piano at 9:00 a.m today! He was AWESOME! He actually brought me to tears! WOW! Here is Joseph getting ready for competition!

We are staying at the famous Peabody hotel...home of the marching ducks. I had never heard of this, but yes, at 11 a.m. each morning ducks actually ride the elevator downstairs, walk a red carpet to music and climb into a fountain of water. Then, at 5 p.m. they march back to the elevator and reside in their $90,000 hotel accomodations. Yes, you read that correct.

Rick and I actually lucked up. They did not have enough double rooms when we arrived and had to put us in a suite! This was perfect because we have 2 teeanagers staying with us and they get to have their own separate room for the price of one and we got a king size bed. Our room is on the 19th floor, with the only floor above us being the Penthouse! You have to use your room key in the elevator to get access to our floor! I have a robe laying on my bed each day, and even twice today. They cleaned our room TWICE!

The service tonight was tremendous! I cannot tell you how awesome it is to hear 3,500 - 4,000 people all worshiping JESUS CHRIST our Lord and Savior and singing praises to Him. It was awesome! We love hearing the Word of God and getting to fellowship with our christian brothers and sisters.

Tomorrow is another busy day of competitions, meetings and seminars, so we are about to settle in and plan our day.

Seeing all the little ones around makes me miss my little ones, but I greatly appreciate all the help from NaNa Taylor, NaNa boo-boo, and Aunt LeLe for helping me out. I need this week for spiritual feeding for myself and it is a lot easier without having babies clinging to your skirt! We love ya'll...hope they are being good!

2 comments:

KIT with the Traweeks said...

I'm glad that you guys are hopefully getting some relaxing time and rest! Enjoy every second of it, even though we miss you guys here! XOXO! See you when you get back. Be careful.

Courtney Long said...

Wow, enjoy that suite! Hope all goeswell. good luck!