Sunday, January 31, 2010

Clean Teeth?

My story begins with my 2 year old. You all know how funny Evan is and most of you who have multiples know how intense getting ready to go anywhere can be. Well, imagine that times 10 with me getting three under the age of 5 ready for church alone! (Rick leaves early because of early church). I try to let Aiden be independent, until I catch him slow-poking. And, I usually fix all three tooth brushed, lay them on the sink, and as each one gets dressed I say, "now go and brush your teeth and you will be all ready." This morning was no different. We were running, "right on time" as usual and Evan was the first to get ready. So off he goes to brush his "teeff". When it was Allee's turn, she came whining into the living room, "Mama, my toothbrush is empty." I went to discover that Evan had brushed (or at least sucked toothpaste off of) with all three brushes. Hey, at least his teeth were clean!

The second part to this story deals with the crazy parents. A few weeks ago when I was cleaning the toothbrush holder, I broke it and haven't had time to replace it. So, Rick and I have been placing our brushes in the medicine cabinet above the sink. Tonight, I noticed a new tooth brush in a package and decided to throw mine away because it seemed really worn. When Rick came to get ready for bed he said, "Hey, why did you throw my toothbrush away?" I had NO IDEA I had been using his lately and can't tell you when I started. Oh, well. We share everything else, but I will be getting new toothbrushes for the whole family tomorrow!!!!!!!

No comments: