Monday, January 11, 2010

You're Pushin Me!

Have you ever been "pushed" to your boiling point? After snow on Thursday, school on Friday, and Upward BK all day Saturday, Rick and I were to attend our annual Missions Banquet to kick off the revival this week. The kids were staying with NaNa Jan. So the short of it is, we had a long weekend, and a long night, picking kids up late and very tired. We got home at 10:00, so by the tme we had everyone situated, it was getting late. Aiden had found his leapster on the way home and was playing intensely. I had told him to put it away at least 3 times (2 times too many). My patience was growing thin and I was trying to keep from spanking the cute little boy I had just picked up who was very tired and needing to go to bed. If you all know my Aiden, you know his biggest issue is his mouth(don't know where he gets that. LOL). He likes to "argue...talk back" whatever you want to call it...I call it disrespect! The one sure way to get my blood pressure up too! I had heard, "But Mama" one too many times. Finally, when I was just about to lose control, I said, "Aiden, you had better get in that bed right now. You have pushed me and pushed me and pushed me until you are about to make me angry." (I was a "little" loud..LOL). He looked at me with his little tear filled eyes, stopped crying and whining in mid sentence and said very matter of factly...."Now Mama, I did not PUSH you!" Ha Ha! Going back to a previous post....persepective!

No comments: