Monday, January 11, 2010

Where is your mission field?

As most of you know, we are in the beginning of our Mission revival. I love this time of year because it was during a missions revival at Sulphur Springs that I first felt God tugging at my heart to do something more for Him, and He has never ceased to continue to tug at my heart during this same revival every year.

Rick started us out Sunday night preaching to our church about our committments: spiritually, financially, our faithfulness, etc. Tonight we had two men who are planning to plant a church in Arizona. I love when people come to share their hearts. There is always a situation where you may be thinking, "There are starving people in Africa and we wanta start a church in the US?" And then men like those tonight come and preach their heart! WOW!

We serve an amazing God! I am blessed that I live in a state where the majority of the people I come in contact with (even at Wal-Mart) at least know who Jesus is. They probably even attend a church. If they don't attend, they probably know someone who does. For those of us reading who live in the Bible belt...Do we realize how blessed we are to live among believers? Do we take advantage of our opportunities? Do we build up or tear down the cause of Christ? I don't think I thank God enough for calling me to Northport, AL...Sulphur Springs...Samantha.

Part of Rick's message was, let's do our part to support our missionaries this week, but let's not lose sight of our own mission field! Our community is our personal church mission field. If we can't reach our community, then we probably can't reach people in Africa, or France or Uraguay! Your mission field may be your family, your friends, your children! Let's all make a personal goal this year to find our mission field, then act on it! It is time to get busy for the cause of Christ! Pray for your opportunities, and pray for me as I try to find mine!

Please join us for a wonderful time in Christ this week at Sulphur Springs...7 PM thru Thursday!

3 comments:

Miss Hopper said...

Thanks for sharing this! I hate that I missed on Sunday night and tonight. What a time to be sick. :( I hope that I will be back tomorrow night.

As far as finding your mission field - that can be so hard. I feel like I'be been looking for mine for so long, and I still feel like I haven't found the place God wants me to be yet. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to know what I'm supposed to be doing. I guess I'm just going to have to learn to be patient, huh?

The Cannons said...

Thanks for the reminder! May we never forget, whether we go to a foreign mission field, or "Speak" in churches,etc., our daily lives lived out in shoe leather is a message that is read every day. Hope services are great this week!:)

kimberly t. bowling said...

So glad services were wonderful for y'all. Had we not had all the events scheduled that kept us busy, I'd have loved to have came down for a night of worship. Maybe next time. :)