Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sleepless in Samantha---Part 2

Okay, it has been a while, but most of you will remember, sleepless in Samantha, with Allee and the night terrors. Evan, now 2 as well, has began a similar pattern. The beginning of Dec he stated cutting all 4 molars and was having some pretty restless nights that you could tell were brought on by pain. From that, we got runny nose, etc, ear drainage, more loss of sleep. I finally got antibiotic this last week. But, for going on 2 weeks now, he is waking in the middle of the night, sometimes he waits until around 5 am or so, screaming bloody murder. He is a big mama's baby, but when he is like this, nothing calms him. It's like he is half asleep, half awake. Sunday morning when Rick left, he screamed for 2 straight hours until he finally drifted back off to sleep. Last night, he got up at 1:45, and at 4:30, I couldn't take anymore, so I left Rick to discipline and went to the other room. He is still sleeping now! These fits seem a little different from Allee. She would act like she was confused, and once fully awake, the crying stopped and she would resume sleep. He is more alert. Almost like he is just being stubborn. He will ask you to hold him, but then he says "stand up mommy. I watch tb (TV) mommy." When you say NO, it's night night, he falls apart all over again. He asks for juice and when you give it to him he has a fit. He kicks his feet and flips and flops. Rick finally spanked him (that's why I left) and I think he went to sleep relatively soon afterward. However, I can spank him with no result! (imagine that).

Please pray for our situation, once again. I really don't know what my lesson is in all of this, but I know God has a plan for sending 3 sleepless children to the Taylor home! And I know the lesson is for the parents! LOL! But, Rick and I are leaving on a youth trip Friday and will not return until Mon. Evan will be staying with NaNa's and I don't want them to have to deal with this. Please , please, PRAY that he will be good for them! We are seriously considering one of us staying behind after last night...

No comments: