Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wet Mattress?

It all started with MILK on Wed night. A and A have not been sleeping well again. Too make a long story short, they both woke in the middle of the night and in a sleepy stupor, Rick gave Aiden an entire cup of milk, which of course he drank all of. So, around 4 am, Aiden comes to my room and whispers, "Mommy I need you to help me go tee-tee", which translates to "I wet the bed." He was soaked. We made it through the night and of course I waited until the next morning to deal with the wet things. The comforter, sheets, mattress, ALL wet! All had to be washed, on top of an already full laundry room. We took the mattress outside to dry.

Thursday was a long day. We were both sickly and just did not accomplish a whole lot. Rick had to run an errand and all I wanted to do all day was make time to watch the premiere of "Grey's Anatomy." So, I planned it well. At 5 minutes till 8 I ran the bath water. Rick was home by 8:20 to bathe the kids. I told him that we should probably make the bed before getting them out of the tub. I had washed the sheets earlier, but when I went to dry them, I had forgotten to turn the dryer on the previous load, so I was now waiting on the bed sheets to dry. Also, for some reason unknown, the mattress had only made it inside to the laundry room, not to the bed.

What I heard next was horrifying!!! Rick screaming from the laundry room..."Where is all this water coming from?" The washer was overflowing trashy water onto the mattress, other laundry and the entire laundry room! It was awful. By now, it's 8:30ish. After wet/dry vac, investigation of washer, etc. the kids got out of bath at 9:00, now in freezing cold water (it entertained them while we cleaned the mess) and completely shrivled up! Now, it's bedtime...what to do. Allee can't sleep in the babybed b/c she actually climbed in it earlier today and fell out on her head trying to get out. We pulled the mattress off of the top bunk and made a pallett. (I know I am mispelling every single word of this post.) What a night.

TODAY is Saturday...it is now around 9:30 p.m. and I am listening to....nothing! Wow! Praise God! My kids went to a dry, clean bed at 8:15...I was able to walk out of Aiden's room with him still awake, checked on him once, then returned to check on him and he was snoring. Since they have been asleep I have folded about 100 loads of laundry! I know to some of you this seems trivial, but believe me, it isn't often I get to have quiet time before 11 pm. Thank you, thank you, thank you God. (I'll let you know how they slept later).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a chapter straight from the "Lawson Family Memories" I promise the day will come when you will laugh when you remember.