Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The "Aunt"

Another one from Aiden...

Sunday we had a Singing at church followed by a funeral. Rick had to do the funeral, so I took the kids home for the afternoon. Because the weather was SO great (Thanks GOD) we played outside. People were coming in and out of the church for the viewing and our house is directly across the road so I had to tell Aiden to BE QUIET! I told him there was a funeral going on so we had to be respectful. This is how the conversation went.

A: What's a funeral?
M: It is when someone dies and we have a service to bury them.
A: Who died?
M: Mrs. Rebecca's aunt.
A: Oh.
(Long pause. I went onto focus on something else thinking the conversation was over.)
A: Was her legs crawly?
M: WHAT?
A: Was her legs crawly?
M: What are you talking about sweety?
A: You know, Mrs. Rebecca's ANT. Was her legs all crawly?

SO, now Aiden has had his first English lesson! Actually, if we pronounced the word "aunt" properly in the South, I wouldn't have had that conversation.

3 comments:

KIT with the Traweeks said...

That is TOO CUTE!

Sarah Albin said...

You could seriously write a book with all of his cute sayings! At least you are writing about them here. I wish I would've written more things down that my kids said.

Kim Lawson said...

I'm right there with you, Amanda!