Thursday, September 10, 2009

Evan mocks!

They learn fast! Doing what others do is not a good trait, but it is inevitable. Cute story from the Taylor bunch.

Sunday, in the midst of chaos as usual, I was preparing to leave for a meeting before p.m. service, leaving Rick to tend to the youngsters. Of course, there was whining to go with me. While I am trying to get ready and ignore the cries of the young, Evan comes running into my room screaming in pain. He had been playing in the living room with Allee, so I asked, "Allee, do you know what is wrong with your brother?" Very unconcerned and dry, she replies, "Yes, I shut his finger in the drawer." "Why did you do that, Allee?" "Because he put them in there!" Okay, I can deal with this. So I am explaining to her why it is important to be nice and help our younger brother, she is half way listening, Evan is still snubbing, and I am still getting my things together....Allee comes around the table and WHAM! hits her forehead really hard on one of the bar stools. The crying begins! I assume Rick will see how she is since he is closer, but he continues working, as if she needs no attention and really isn't hurt, so Mommy to the rescue. I squat down beside her to investigate the damage and spot a red area that seems to be okay. As I am kissing the boo-boo, Evan approaches my side, looks at Allee, looks at me, and I still can't believe I saw this from my 21 month old, but he takes his head and intentionally bops it on the bar stool, gives a really pathetic attempt at a whine/cry and lunges for me to hold him.

As I am cracking up out loud at what just happened, I walked out the door for Rick to deal with all the drama!