Friday, September 25, 2009

Evan holds on

I have been babysitting some this week as well as working at the training room for my sick boss. I was coming to the FLC to use the internet in Rick's office and as we were crossing the street, I grabbed for Evan's hand. It hit me, that usually when I do this, I don't have to grab him if we are going somewhere he wants to go, he holds my finger as tight as his little hand will wrap around mine and walks as fast as his little legs will allow. But if we are going and he doesn't want to go, like home from church, for instance, I have to hold his wrist as tight as I can and pull and lead him in the right direction.

Isn't that just like us and God. When we are excited about the direction God is taking us, man, we hold on tight to God. We wouldn't even think of letting go, for fear of danger or sadness, etc. But when God asks us to do something we don't want to do, like giving up a sin in our life, or forgiving someone we don't want to, or serving, etc. , God has to hold on tighter to us and lead us in the right direction.

Aren't you glad that God doesn't let go of us and that we can always hold tight to Him!

We had an awesome revival this week and I praise God for His goodness and His mercy. Please pray for all the lost people today, especially our family members. May we all be more concerned for the soul of the lost sinner.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Great thought to think on today!

The Cannons said...

You've been awarded! Check out my blog for info.