Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hanging in there

We have been "hanging in there" at my house. Of course, the first two weeks of Evan's life were great, and now he has decided to wake up a little more and cry a little more, but overall, we are doing really good. He had his one month check up yesterday and he weighed 9 lb 3 oz. He is really growing and changing before our eyes. He loves to be held and talked to, of course! Most all of his pictures you will see in this bouncy. That is where the other two grew up and I don't see changing the routine. They love this seat and seem to sleep well in it too!

Aiden and Allee have been really good. I think they are adjusting. I feel like all I have been saying is "stop" "don't" or "paddle". The other night I decided that it really didn't matter what my house looked like or even if they do wake the baby. They are toddlers and they need their time. After the death of Bronner Burgess and the testimony from Rick Burgess, the little things just don't seem to matter as much! With this weather, we haven't been able to go out (which is killing me and them) so indoor play is getting boring to them. They love to pillow fight and "jump" on the couch (I told daddy we should get a trampoline, but he is terrified of the injuries that would come with), so I captured this moment of them getting to have a little uncontrolled fun the other night.

Rick's parents got us a gift card to Cypress Inn and offered to keep all three babies so we could use it. Our plan was for last Friday night and as you all know it was sleeting. We decided to go anyway. It was so nice to sit down to a wonderful meal without having to fix everyone elses food first and then try to keep them entertained when they get finished eating before you do. We had a blast! Of course, we had to end the evening with a trip to Wal-Mart for milk and storage bags for more breast milk, but hey, at least we were alone for a few hours. Thanks Nana and Pop. When we got home, I don't know who was more exhausted, Nana and Pop or Aiden and Allee. Pop did bathtime and informed us that Aiden didn't wash his hair b/c he didn't want to! Can we say, "wrapped around his finger?"

This is as close to a posed smile I have ever gotten from Allee. She usually frowns at the camera or focuses on trying to get the camera from you when you are taking pictures. This day, she decided to say, "CHEESE."
NOW, this is typical Allee. I got the camera out to take her pic and she wanted the camera. As she was getting closer and I was backing up, she starting whining and I snapped. This was the result. That is her look about half of the day when she doesn't get her way. The child gets up and asks for chocolate for breakfast. She will ask for a sucker until she drives you insane.
Aiden has always had a fasination with babies. The more Allee gets into baby dolls, the more Aiden does as well. Daddy hates it, but he, Allee and Shelby when she is there play MaMa/Daddy all the time. I just caught him holding Dora and thought it was cute. Their new thing is to sit in the bouncy and take turns pretending to be Mommy or Daddy and usually the "baby" is sick and needs medicine or bandaids. It is the cutest thing to watch them interact together with their imaginations.
Allee has been spending too much time with MiMi. MiMi has been painting nails and rolling hair and Allee loves it. This from a child who usually won't let me comb her hair cause "it hurt mommy." She loves to get her hair rolled. I wish I had an after picture. This is as girly as my little tom-boy gets!
Allee and Aiden playing Mommy/Daddy. Look how big Allee is in that thing.


Funnies from the kids:
I have tons written down at home, but I can't remember them, so I'll just tell a couple of cutes.

Aiden was in the bathroom the other day and I ask if he was finished and did he need me. He said, "Mom, I need a little privacy please."
We were in the grocery store before school the other day getting medicine. I had to ask the lady where the chapstick was. I still was overlooking it after she told me where to look. I said, "Man, I don't see it, do you see it Aiden?" He said, "Mom, let's just go to another store. I don't think that lady knows where it is. She was just carrying on." (Rick says "carrying on" to him all the time.)
We were leaving church to go down to the FLC for a baptism. Someone brought Aiden to me and said that he was in the back swinging all by himself. I was giving him the lecture of how he has to tell me or daddy where he is going even if we are at church b/c he could get ran over or lost and we wouldn't have him anymore. He said, "Yeah, then I would be dead. But if I am dead I would be with Jesus and Jesus would make me alive again cause Jesus is in our heart and he could just make me live." WOW----I know he says stuff all the time, but if we could just grasp that as adults. You know, Jesus did make it simple enough for a child to understand, so why don't the adults get it! It's that simple...if we are spiritually dead...JESUS CAN MAKE US ALIVE AGAIN!!!

Allee has been singing "You are so beautiful" from The Little Rascals (which we can't watch b/c of the language). It is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I hope to get it on video soon! She is hilarious, but I can't really write what all she does. We would be here all day!

Hope it isn't so long until my next post. Thanks for looking.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big!! I can't wait to see him again. Allee and Aiden are cute as always!
-Crystal E.

Anonymous said...

happy to get the update! glad to hear you're "hangin' in there!"

love you!

Kim Lawson said...

John Brady loves dolls, too, and Brady, like Rick, gets mad about it!! I just think it's funny. I believe it will just make Aiden and John Brady better daddy's some day!!