Monday, January 7, 2008

Am I awake?

Shelby Lynn came over the other night for a visit. They were all cowboys and cowgirls at one point, but Shelby lost the hat. It was too cute!
He looks just like his daddy to me!
Aiden is a proud big brother!Two weeks old tomorrow!
Sleepless nights have begun. We had an AWFUL night Sat. Aiden and Allee decided that they wanted to get out of bed continuously in the middle of the night and Allee ended up getting 3 spankings by Daddy, none of which broke her will! She still got out of bed and NONE of us got ANY sleep. Well, yesterday, MiMi watched Evan for me during preaching so that I could go to church. It was very nice to be back in the service. I guess Rick probably shared with several people (when they asked) about our sleepless night, because both kids slept like logs last night, much due to many prayers and my trip to the altar I am sure!!!! However, Evan decided he would have a tummy ache (I guess) so he slept on my chest most of the night.



I actually came to the office for a couple of hours and left Rick with ALL THREE BABIES! I did leave them all three sleeping, but I know it will be hectic when they wake up.



The kids are doing great with the baby. Allee really doesn't pay him much attention. She is so funny lately. She told me she wants to wear her Dora panties, however, she refuses to sit on the potty. I can't make her understand that you can't wear panties if you won't tee-tee in the potty. She is driving Aiden crazy playing with his toys and mocking every single thing he does. She told her daddy this morning that he gave her a spanking. It was the cutest thing. The other day, I had to spank her for something and she and Rick were talking about it. She said, Mommy spank me, daddy. He said, Yes she did. You are going to have to act better aren't you? She said, Mommy paddle me...that funny! Apparently, the spanking didn't affect her too much!



Aiden has been singing Away in a Manger to every tune possible for the last few weeks. He ask me today was it time to put the Christmas tree back up. Kids have no concept of time. He is very inquisitive about everything. He really notes when I am pumping (though I shut the door)and I can't wait to see what conversations take place about things at home when he returns to school on Wed.




2 comments:

Niki Arendale said...

Evan is adorable. He looks like a little man. And yes he looks like Rick.

The James Family said...

Wow, when I saw the picture of them together, I thought he looks so much like his Daddy, then I read your comment! He is so precious and I know you are all so proud.