Sunday, February 3, 2008

Busy Weekend

Well, as usual, we have had a busy week and weekend. The week seemed to run all together with keeping three kids in the house and the usual weekly duties. I planned to take Evan to Kim's for pictures on Saturday. I also planned to clean house. 1 out of 2 isnt' bad. We had Upward BK Sat morning, so I took the kids over to the gym to run off some energy. Then it was off for the photo shoot. Kim did great with Evan. It was so nice to be relaxed at a friend's house with your crying, hungry newborn rather than in a stuffy studio with a stranger waiting on you to change the baby and rushing you because someone else was waiting to get pics made. It was a little hectic, but overall, I think he did great for his first photo shoot.

Sunday was busy as usual, with great morning and evening services. The Lord has really been working in our church and family. We had a family join the church today. They are a joy to have. It seems more and more lately that we are being challenged as Christians to reach out into the world and be better witnesses. I have really been convicted on reaching others. We all get caught up in what is going on in our world and forget about the world that is lost and goind to Hell. So, if you don't know Him, and I mean truly know Jesus personally, please ask someone to help you find Him. You will never regret it for one moment. I know my life has been amazing since the day I rededicated myself to Christ and vowed to follow Him, no matter the cost. I am not saying my life has been perfect, because it is far from it, but it has been fulfilling. Jesus Christ has given me peace beyond belief. I would never have had the faith to quit my job and stay home with my children before and here I am. ... I cleaned out my desk on Friday. (Please pray for my decision and pray that I would be the Godly mother at home that I need to be.) God is so good at giving us what we need when we need it. He loves us more than we could ever imagine and gave us His one and only son to prove that love. So, if you don't know Him, what are you waiting for? Don't waste another second on living without Him. If you do, may he bless you and give you strength to go into the world reaching the lost for Him.

2 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Amanda, you are truly amazing!

Sarah Albin said...

Congrats on your new "job" as stay at home mom! You will love it!