Monday, January 14, 2008

Bye Bye Pacy

It's official! Allee is pacy free!!!! Last Monday, she lost her last pacy and so we decided that we would suffer through. She went to sleep fine, after asking for it about a hundred times, and actually slept all night. Well, the next morning, she found it in her room! Once I got it away from her I decided we would just hide it an continue with the lie that she lost it. We have stood firm and not let in to give it back, but there has certainly been lots of whining. It's like she just can't find a way to comfort herself when she gets mad or upset...which is quiet often. She has started screaming bloody murder every time we get in the car to go somewhere. My theory is that is when she ALWAYS had her pacy, and now she don't know what to do. I am so proud of her, though. She seems HUGE compared to Evan now. She used the potty twice yesterday. I hope we can get that under control. Having just one in diapers again would be nice! Please continue to pray for us!

This morning, Aiden was being a good big brother and trying to put Evan's pacy in while I was getting ready. He had his hand laying on Evan's face and I told him to be careful not to cover his nose or eyes. He said, "Mom, I am just praising the Lord for him."

Aiden was in the shower with his dad this morning, (we just couldn't to baths after church last nigght) and I overheard him saying, "Dad, I am so glad I am your son and I am mommy's son and a big brother." It was so sweet.

Allee is still calling Evan "Mommy's baby". It's almost like she doesn't recognize that he belongs to the entire family. They have both had a ball with all the cool baby things laying around the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that adiden is something else! what a sweet heart he has!