Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My little MaMa

For those of you who know Aiden well....

Last night, Rick had a deacons meeting and the kids and I were home alone. They had found their boxes of board games that I had stored under the bed and had managed to get every piece from every game box and spread all over the living room and bedroom. Usually, they can't stand clean up time, but they both wanted to play a "family game" together so badly, they agreed almost too quickly, to work together and clean up so that we could play. I was in the kitchen fixing supper as I watched them work to clean up the huge mess. Allee is a little chore person. Give her a chore and she takes pride in it. Aiden, on the other hand, could care less. However, he was giving it his best shot. Well, in the midst of the frantic clean up, Aiden got side tracked (imagine that) and began to play with a game piece and paused his clean up. Allee was as busy as she could be. Suddenly, she realized that Aiden had paused. She stopped what she was doing and said, "Aiden, we gotta clean up." He kept playing. "Aiden, momma said, we gotta clean up or we don't get game time." He kept playing. "AIDEN, CONCENTRATE, FOCUS....we have to clean up." Finally, he snapped to and helped. This is words out of my mouth everyday of my life to him. I guess she listens to somethings I say!

No comments: