Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Aiden is my star


At Aiden's school, they have a "Rock star student of the week" each week. They get to bring things to class, etc. Aiden has not gotten this reward all year and he and I have talked a good bit about the behavior that it takes to earn this award. Friday, he brought home the bag and was grinning from ear to ear. He was so excited. He told his daddy that he thought I would scream when I found out he got it. We were on our way to the park on Sat and he asked us if we knew why he was so happy to be the Rock star student. When I asked him why he said, "Because I knew that if I got this you and daddy would be so happy and I want to make you happy." Okay, I really almost cried! How precious. Of course Rick had to explain that we are always happy with him, no matter what, but still, it was adorable and I really think he meant it. He is such a tender hearted child and loves family time. He ask for family time all the time. We were able to enjoy a family day at the park on Sat and it was amazing. We are going to make a point to do that more often.

No comments: