Sunday, February 24, 2008

Youth Night

We had a busy weekend, as usual. This was the last weekend for Upward and we had scheduled picture day. I was sorta in charge of that. Thank goodness I found a great photographer! It was a bit chaotic, but I think I got the hang of it by the time we were finished. All that to say, I was at the FLC all day, so I hired a babysitter, because of the sicknesses my kids have had. Aiden seems to be better. Never would have known he had the flu the way he acted.

Sunday night was youth night at our church. The kids presented on their most recent trip to the Scott Dawson conference. It was really good. I can tell that everyone that went on the trip received a true blessing from God. Rick and Aiden sang the Veggie Tales song to the piano playing of Joseph Summerlin. It was really cute. Aiden recited his books of the New Testament, which makes MaMa really proud! I only hope he can remember them when he is big enough to look them up in the Bible. Allee has began memorizing them now. It is so cute to hear her pronounce them. She gets to Romans and then starts making them up the way they sound to her. I was so proud of all of our youth tonight. Kayla, Briana and Joseph all spoke about the conference and did a really good job presenting their material. Of course, we got to stuff our faces full of great food afterward.

Because it was youth night, we didn't take the kids out, so Allee and Aiden were a mess. Allee found my video camera and wanted to play with it. When I told her no, she started to cry, so I put my finger over her lips. She said, "Don't shut my mouth mama!" THEN, she and Shelby were fighting over the song books and she told Shelby, OUT LOUD, "That's mine", so I spatted her hand, which cause a loud cry while Mrs. Summerlin was trying to talk about a speaker at the conference. I decided to take her out. When I got up to take her out and got half way out the door (our door is at the front of the church) she started saying, "I poopied mommy." and kept repeating it. Of course, everyone was laughing at this point, but I went back for the diaper bag and of course she had NOT "poopied."

One more embarrassing thing...one of our younger children was playing a piano song. Just as the song was ending, Aiden blurts out, "Well, that was kinda silly." I don't think she heard him.

Allee has grown really fond of her rainboots that she got for Christmas. If any of you watch Noggin, and I know you do, you know the song that Laurie Beckman (??sp) sings...In my rain boots, I stomp around...Well, Allee's version goes, In my rain boots, I "tomp" around in my rain boots, in my boots, "tomp, tomp" It is just too cute. Thanks for the boots NaNa T. It is a fight every day not to wear them wherever we go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your kiddos are so funny! i hope they are all well soon. love you!