Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wonderful Weekend - AND Aiden Funny!

Okay...so we live in Alabama and the weather outside is frightful... WHAT A WEEKEND!
First, we had Upward Awards scheduled for Friday night and the program was great, but the weather....what a mess! Warm, tornado threats, thunderstorms, etc. I was scheduled to work a SB tourny Sat a.m. Well, I knew that wasn't going to happen. By morning, the rain had not stopped, but the temp started to slowly drop. By afternoon, it was frigid. By midnight we had snow! This morning we woke to a beautiful yard full of the white stuff. I thought my kids would jump out of their skin. Aiden was the cutest: "Moma, it really did snow. Can we make snow angels, and snow balls, and play, and snowmen, and..and..and..." "Yes, son, but you have to wait!" "Mama, I am so thankful that God gave us the beautiful day with snow." Awwww. I will post more on snow when I get my pics uploaded. So, in Alabama, you can wear shorts on Thu, raincoat and mudders on Fri, long sleeve on Sat, and coveralls on Sun. And then repeat it the next week. It will be 20 tomorrow night and 76 on Friday!

During this wonderful weekend, my son has really been acting the part of a gentlemen. I have noticed he is trying to be more helpful, esp when cleaning up toys. Friday, the kids were getting to watch a movie, but were to clean up before. Allee had made a mess in her room and was refusing to pick up. I was trying to help and had already told Aiden he was excused because he did not make this mess. He came back in and started helping anyway, and before I could get Allee to pick up one toy, he had cleaned them all! As I was bragging on him (he loves the bragging) for doing such a good job and being so helpful to his Sissy and Mommy, I was being a little silly and said
"Aiden, you are the best "cleaner upper" that I know." (Now, you have to know Aiden...)
He turned and with a very serious face said, "Mom, I think you mean "cleaner" (emphasizing the word)...I am the best "cleaner" you know.
"Yeah, that's what I meant."
"Mom, you said cleaner upper....hey, cleaner upper...that....."
"Matches! (Again, being silly, finishing his sentence)
"Mooommm! Match is when things "looookkk" alike, RHYME is when words have the same ending."

Thank you "4 year old son of mine " for my grammer lesson!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I was still keeping up with your sweet family.
Love ya