Monday, July 14, 2008

This is how crazy I am...

Okay, I haven't updated in 2 months, so I finally do and I make a mistake. I got a phone call this a.m. asking me where I was going this weekend....News Flash...Nationals were in Little Rock LAST YEAR...I am going to Charleston, West Virginia THIS YEAR! Am I crazy or what!

Quick Story Time:
Evan is going to have the personality of the other two, I can already tell. He is crawling, or scooting, rather, so it is hard to keep him in one spot. After a long day on Sat, I was home alone putting the kids in for a bath and bed, etc. I put Evan in the living room floor to play while I ran to start the bath water and get P.J's out. I got a phone call in the process. While on the phone, running around crazy, I hear him kind of fussing. I go into the living room (no more than 2 min later) and look...NO EVAN. I start looking for him. For those of you who know where I live, my its not like my living room or house is huge and there are many places for him to go. I finally look back toward the wall, and somehow, the little booger had wedged his body under the love seat and his head under the end table that sits beside it. Had he not looked scared to death, I would have videoed or at least took a pic, but instead, I laughed and retrieved him to safety!

AIDEN: A couple of weeks ago, I went to help my niece move out of a 2nd floor apartment. I, of course, had to drag all three babies along with me. I left the older two running around, and watching us carry things up and down. The banister was an iron gate like fence, you know the type. We are standing in the apartment, Aiden is out on front, looking around, being Aiden, when I hear him scream. I go to see what is wrong. He has stuck his head through the rails and can't get it out. I knew he was okay, but he was terrified. (He panics easily...I DO NOT). I was laughing so hard I couldn't even think. I tried to pull and he would scream. I tried to pull the rails apart, but I was too weak. To make it even worse, there was a whole group of onlookers trying to help. One even mentioned calling the fire department. Finally, God sent a man by to read the water meter and he said, "Let me see if I can help." He came and put his foot on one rail and pulled the other one just slighty enough to let Aiden's ears get through! Thank the Lord, but in hindsights, it was the funniest thing ever! (I know, I am a terrible Mom).

I know Allee has done something equally as funny lately, but my mind is blank. It has been a total circus around our house lately. Non-stop comic show!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ThankS to me and Melissa for noticing how crazy you are!! LOL

Joy said...

Amanda, so good to hear from you. We celebrated my mom's 90th birthday this weekend and I actually asked if anybody knew where you were! I understand how busy you are. I was in your shoes 30 years ago! It gets better and life is really fun when they are grown!
Em, Ab, JB3 and Law's MeMe

Anonymous said...

Manda - so good to get an update! I know how haaaard it is to keep the blog updated, and I just have ONE kid! :)

I am so sorry to hear about your mom's house. We'll be thinking about her. Love you!!