Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Check ups

Evan and Aiden had great check ups yesterday. Evan weighed 15.13 pounds. He said he looked great. Of course, he jumped around and laughed and cooed the whole time until shot time. After his shots he would not even look at the nurse. It was so funny.

Aiden weighed 36 pounds. He is such a mess. He wore an orange shirt to the visit. Well, Dr. Robinson, of course, is die hard Alabama so he was picking on him about the orange shirt. Aiden was just carrying on with him. Doc was asking me questions about things he could and couldn't do and Aiden was answering. I said, "Yeah, he's pretty smart." Doc said, "Well, you ain't too smart cause you're wearing an orange shirt." Aiden sulled up with his pouty face and turned his head to the wall. Those of you who have seen him do this know what I am talking about. I thought he would never un-sull. It was too cute. They made up before we left, though.

Allee's big thing right now is potty training. She WILL NOT poopy in the potty. We have numerous conversations, and still nothing. She will come and tell you after the fact. Yesterday, I came home and I thought I smelled her. I asked did she have on a bad pull up. She said, "Yes". I said, "Why did you do that." "Cause I want to". "Do you like having poopy in your pants?" "Yes." WE ARE GETTING NOWHERE. BUT, she is doing pretty good with the other. I know it takes time, but when she is big enough to come and ask you to change her, that is very frustrating.

1 comment:

Sarah Albin said...

I totally know what you mean on the potty training thing. Abigail was like that too.

One thing that we did that ended up working is that we let Abigail pick out a toy that she really, really wanted (ended up being a Dorothy the Dinosaur that sang) and put it on the bathroom counter. She could see it everyday. We told her that she once she started going poop in the potty she could have it. When she did go, she got to play with it. If she went in her pull-up, she had to put Dorothy back on the bathroom counter. We just continued this until finally she was going in the potty always.

Don't stress too much... it WILL happen. It seems like it won't, but it will. I am sure you have heard it a million times, but it will happen when they are ready. Good luck!