Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Greetings from West Virginia

Well, we have been here since Saturday night, today is Wednesday, and we leave tomorrow. I am really missing my babies, but other than that, we are having a blast. The trip up here was uneventful and quite pleasant. I actually had some time to think, read, and sleep. The conference has been everything that I spiritually anticipated. It is so nice to be in a group of over 7,000 other believers who are worshipping Jesus. I have had the opportunity to participate in the mass choir each night which is a better experience than I can describe. The music is just awesome, but that is my favorite way to worship.

Aiden has been enjoying himself. Of course, bed time is all messed up. Each night when we go "home" as he calls it, he and Jacob can't wait to see who gets to build the tunnel with the pillows first! They have been bouncing off the walls.

Back home, Allee and Evan are doing great. Allee, of course, has been using the potty for each person she stays with, with only a couple of accidents. Amazing how much better your children are for other people. I don't think Evan has missed me at all. They did say, when Allee and Evan got back together on Monday that he just about ate her up with excitement and kisses. So sweet.

Spiritually, here, God has really been speaking to me. Mostly about personal things within my own spirituality, but also my family and church. God has called us to serve Him, to worship Him, to love Him, but we can't do that until we get self out of the way and actually spend time with HIM. I can't make my family be Godly or spiritual or happy...but God can. Through Him, my family can be everything He wants it to be, but it's not about ME. It's all about HIM. My prayer is that I can continue to meditate upon that every day and allow God to change me into the person He wants me to be, so that I can be a better Mom, teacher, wifte, etc. to the people in my life.

I just found these computers, so hopefully I can get a chance to come back for an update and pictures!!

Until then....God loves you!

No comments: