Sunday, July 13, 2008

Major Update

How pathetic I am when I look at the last update and all that has happened since then. I can't even begin to catch you all up, but here is a brief description of what we have been up to.

We had a trip to the River on Memorial Day weekend where Aiden celebrated his 4th Birthday. I can't even believe that. He had Spiderman everything and we all had a great time. Not every one could make the trip, but he was happy all the same. On our return from the river, we had two straight weeks of swim lessons with Coach Ann. Allee cried the first 2 days, but by day 3 was swimming like a fish. Aiden learned to free style. They both love the water, thank goodness! Allee is not afraid at all. Almost to the point it scares me.

We made a quick trip to the beach. We took my Mom and Briana along with us. We had so much fun. The kids loved the sand and the swimming pool and were very good on the trip. Evan developed some kind of weird sleeping habit while we were gone called, "I'd rather scream than sleep," so that wasn't very pleasant. The other bad thing was on the last morning there, we received a phone call that my Mom's house had burned....total loss. So the ride home was very long, knowing she was returning to nothing. For those of you who don't know, she had only been in this house for 4 years or so, after rebuilding from a tornado destroying the previous home. But, God is good and she is slowly putting the pieces back together. Overall, the beach was great and I enjoyed having the extra helpers!

The week we returned, we made another trip to the River for the 4th of July. Before we left, Rick's Dad had to have an operation and while we were there, we received bad news of a church member who had a bad seizure and was in critical condition. She has 3 small girls. The Monday after we returned back from the 4th, which was last week, was the beginning of our VBS. Fortunately, the young lady began to get better each day and after 8 days of unconciousness, regained conciousness and I actually spoke to her yesterday. GOD IS SO GOOD! She is a miracle.

VBS was wonderful, but tiring. We finished up on Friday night with a County Fair that was rained out, but every one still had a great time. We also had a group of 16 visit from another church this weekend.

We will leave this upcoming Saturday for our National Convention in Little Rock Arkansas.

Please pray for God's blessing on that trip and our family. As you see, we have had a busy summer and it isn't going to slow down at all. I am trying to hold it together and I really miss updating, but there has literally been no time to stop.

Evan and Aiden go for check ups tomorrow, so I will try to post those. Evan finally broke a tooth through. He has been crawling around all summer. Maybe that is why I have been so busy. I can't keep up with them all. I have several funny stories, and maybe by the time I get to update again, I will have enough in me to remember them and post them. Until then, pray I get some sleep!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until we leave!!
I love you!!

The Cannons said...

Good to hear from you.Hope all goes well at the Nat'l,Luke/MK will be making the trip too.