Monday, February 23, 2009

Southern hospitality

Just a thought! I had to run in the grocery store real quick the other day and as I was rushing around, I took note that out of 3 teenagers that I came into contact with while they were checking out my groceries and working, all three had good manners. Now, I know some of you northerners do not think manners and respect are of any importance, but this southern girl loves it! I love being called ma'am, people saying thank you and please...etc. I used to wander why I got in trouble for not saying "aunt or uncle", but now I how disrespectful is sounds for a child to not put some kind of prefix before addressing an adult. I know this is preference, but I like it...ex. Ms. or Mr. First name....

All that to say, I am very proud to live in the South where hospitality is still being used, even if not used the way or as often as it used to be, thank the good Lord we still have some parents teaching manners to their children. Those parents are to be praised....it's not going unnoticed! Let's focus on the good in people rather than always trying to find the bad!

No comments: