Thursday, November 6, 2008

State Meeting

Hello from Dothan, AL...home of the Peanut Festival. Rick and I are enjoying our annual Free Will Baptist State Meeting. We arrived yesterday afternoon, after arranging child care for our three children so that we could make the evening service. Yes... you read right. I left ALL THREE children at home. I know everyone may not agree with that, but thanks to loving, wonderful grandparents, we were able to come and focus on God for a couple of days while the children have fun time with NaNa's! THANK YOU! Although we haven't received much physical rest, I have recieved emotional and spiritual rest and renewal, and for that, I am truly thankful. God is so good to us. He really keeps me in line! I have the opportunity to attend a WAC (women active for Christ) meeting this morning and spent a while talking with precious young pastors' wives after the evening service about ways to minister to our ladies in our churches! I am so excited about the work God is doing in our churches. In a time where there is lots of uncertainty, I am so thankful that God has given us complete reassurance of His goodness and His Spirit! He IS still in control, no matter what the world may look like and I believe, now more than ever, that His return is SOON! I am guilty of getting caught up in the daily chores that life throws our way, and I am sure I will continue to be guilty of that, but my hearts desire is to keep the TRUE task first, and that is SERVING and WINNING souls for CHRIST! He is our KING and although I will respect the authority of our new president, I will WORSHIP AND HONOR MY KING JESUS and I challenge all of you to do the same!

If you don't know HIM, please ask someone, call me, or just pray....either way....seek and ye shall find!

No comments: