Tuesday, November 11, 2008

3 "Bumps", You're Out!

We had a small gathering for Aiden's Fall Baseball team at our FLC tonight. My kids were exhausted from our visit with NaNa Boo-Boo and Granny Earnest and NO NAP! By no planning of our own, the "bouncy things" we rented for our annual Community Fish Fry on Sat had not been picked up yet and we had those available for play. Evan, who has grown quite fond of balls, was making himself at home in the midst of the court, making all the other Moms extremely nervous with his walking on the cement floor. I had already been questioned after Evan's first fall of being knocked down accidentally, how often he falls, to which I replied, "they fall all the time. We are just used to it." Famous last words. I had just stepped back from Evan's small fall when I catch a quick glimpse of A & A falling from one of the bouncy ramps. Allee fell face first off the top side and Aiden fell backward, rolling from the top! Daddy was carrying on conversation with other Dads while me and all other moms take off running to rescue my babies. I NEVER PANIC! I am just used to the drama, usually, but the "thud" on the cement made me think otherwise this time. I got Allee, who had not even let her cry out yet...you know what I mean! I had to scold Rick, who was casually walking over, prob thinking Aiden was carrying on, and let him know that this was a REAL injury and I needed his help. I let Aiden for him while I got ice for Allee. End of that story.....Allee has black knot on forehead, Aiden has LARGE BUMP on back of head. His hair was puffed out and he said it hurt to lay on his pillow tonight! So, we carry on with the party. We have retreated to the kitchen area and "tile" flooring. Evan is walking around while I am cleaning up. I hear a "thud" and a "ping." He has hit his mouth on the metal leg of a folding table. I see blood, but with pacy in hand, he is fine in a few seconds. Later, bath time: Rick is dressing Evan who is laying flat in his lap and his makes the bold statement that he thinks he "chipped a tooth." I run to see, and sure enough, the fall had chipped two of his front teeth, pretty badly! So, in one night, all at a baseball pizza party, all three suffer brutal injuries! Guess we had to "take three for the team".

No comments: