Sunday, October 26, 2008

Evan's Boo Boo

So, you all know how it is to keep a little one who thinks he can walk better than he actually can from getting injured! This was the weekend for boo boos! It started Friday night when he got 3 bumps on his nogging while taking a bath b/c he will not sit down. We followed that up with bigger boo boo last night. My mom had stopped by and Evan was standing at the glass front door waving frantically Bye-Bye to NaNa. As she was driving off, he lost interest and went to turn,sit,crawl at the same time, causing a slip and bumping his eye on a screw sticking out of the cylinder. When he screamed, I knew I would see a knot, but I didn't expect the blood. Of course, the face bleeds more than any other body part, so it appeared a little worse than it was. He has a small puncture type wound above his right eye, right on the edge of his brow. ***Now here is where my funny Aiden comes in.***Being the "injury fixer" that I am....and I love to fix the cuts, scrapes, etc. when I am working, I was discussing with Rick on what I should do, pros and cons of each scenario, and taking into consideration that I am dealing with a 10 mo old, not a teenager. Aiden is standing by taking it all in. I am considering, then re-considering, reasoning in my mind out loud(some of my best friends know how in-decisive I am...I honestly don't know how I survive), when Aiden very matter-of-factly says..."Your a trainer, Mom, just put some tape on it." I guess that wouldn't be so cute to me if I didn't hear that from all the coaches when I am holding a kid out for a legitimate injury! MEN, they learn so quickly the easy way to "fix" things!!!!!

No comments: