Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kids say the best things...

This one may top all of Aiden's funnies through the years!!!!

A brief history...we were having a silent auction at church which was made of baskets from each sunday school class to raise money for our youth. Each of my children being in a different class, I lost track of who was to bring what. I purchased Aidens donation, but forgot about Allee and Evan's and decided to give $5 each. As a reminder, I had written "$10 - Allee/Evan" on the dry erase board on the frig. It has been there about 2 weeks. So, Aiden was very sleepily eating his breakfast at the table yesterday as I was filling out school paperwork when I heard him reading the dry erase board out loud. He read that part about Allee/Evan twice before looking up at me with the strangest, terrified look on his face and questioned..."Mommy, are we getting rid of them?" Oh, my...what I had to do to keep from bursting into laughter. "Why would you say that Aiden?" " Well, it says up there Allee and Evan are for $10. Are we selling them?" I had to explain it to him, which was a big relief to the big brother!

2 comments:

Courtney Long said...

oh, that's hilarious! that child should be a comedian!

rachellechaseblog said...

this is so cute!!